Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Game Room update

I felt the need to make another post about Game Room. So far I'm really digging the concept of this game/application. The selection of titles available for it so far is pretty decent, and from what I hear there are supposed to be new games every week. There is, however, one very glaring problem so far. This thing is glitchy as hell! I've had more problems with Game Room than any other 360 game. I've had achievements not unlock for me, only to unlock way later when I'm not sure why. I've had achievements unlock that I shouldn't have gotten (not a bad glitch, admittedly, but still a glitch). I've even had trouble actually buying new games. Worst of all is the challenge system. Trying to send a challenge to a friend is never guaranteed to actually work, and completing a challenge can be even worse. Sometimes after you complete a challenge, the game will attempt to contact the server to let the other players know, but it won't be able to do it, so you'll have no choice but to forfeit the challenge. This is frustrating, to say the least.

I don't want to be too down on this, it's still a very cool idea. I just think Microsoft released it a bit before it was ready. It's desperately in need of a patch. On the bright side, not everybody seems to have these problems. They're only affecting about half of the people I've talked to. So it could be that you won't have any problems. I think I'm going to hold off on playing any more Game Room until a patch is released. Some of you might want to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment