Friday, February 12, 2010

TNA Impact review - 2/11/10

I only managed to catch the last half of Impact this week. I have to say, though, that I don't really feel like I missed much. The news I continue to read about Hogan's thoughts about TNA have me thinking I may have to quit watching. I might wind up following Smackdown instead of TNA, which is kind of a depressing thought. I haven't actively followed a WWE product since 2001. Anyway, on to the review of the half of Impact I managed to catch.

First off we had a handicap match, Angelina Love and Tara vs. the Beautiful People. The Beautiful People win due to their numbers advantage and willingness to fight dirty. The Beautiful People really need to work on their in-ring skills, by the way. They're probably the weakest link in the Knockouts Division right now. Decent match overall, though.

Next came Desmond Wolfe and Hernandez vs. Ken Anderson and Kurt Angle. This match apparently was made because all of these guys will be in the Eight Card Stud Tournament. Anderson and Angle win, though they didn't get along very well. This match was filled with talented wrestlers, but for some reason I found it kind of hard to pay attention to. I don't remember much of the details.

Those were the only two matches I got to see. The rest of the show was filled with more shouting between AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, and the revelation that Eric Bischoff would be the special guest referee at their match. At the end of the show we saw Kurt Angle come to the ring and call out the Band. Scott Hall and Sean Waltman came out and beat Angle down with brass knuckles. Then Hogan came to the ring, acted like he was going to help the Band beat Angle some more, but instead turned on them. The show ended with Hogan helping Angle to his feet. I'm sure this segment would have been more meaningful to me if I had seen the beginning of the show.

Considering this was the Impact before Against All Odds, I would have expected more. I know I only saw half the show, but just two matches? And no real main event, on top of that. Very poor, TNA, very poor. Please don't make me switch to Smackdown. Pick it up, guys!

By the way, just to let you all know ahead of time, I will not be getting Against All Odds. It's pretty rare I order any pay-per-views these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment