Sunday, February 7, 2010

Saints steal the Super Bowl

I want to try and be brief here. I know there are a lot of hardcore fans out there with blogs who can dissect this game a lot better than I can. I only have one big problem with the game. At the start of the second half, the Saints kicked an onside kick! What the hell, Saints? So not cool. They have a coin toss at the beginning of the game for a reason. Each half, one team is supposed to get a chance to start with the ball. The Saints took that chance away from the Colts and started both halves with the ball. This was the first time in Super Bowl history that a team kicked an onside kick before the fourth quarter.

Now, I'm not saying things would have been different otherwise. The Saints played well and proved that they were for real. A part of me is very happy to see them get a championship. But they also proved that they didn't mind using cheap tricks and thuggery to get it done. I lost a lot of respect for the Saints, a team I used to really like, after this week. First came the talk of trying to end Peyton Manning's career, the talk of purposefully taking penalties in order to lay hits on Manning, and now comes the trickery in the Super Bowl.

I understand that they did nothing against the rules, but it just came off dirty to me. Very much disrespectful towards their opponents.

So now I guess I just get to wait for baseball season to start. I don't follow the NBA or NHL closely enough to care about what happens with them, though I will try to follow their respective finals. March Madness will be fun to watch, as always, but baseball is what I'm really waiting for. I just hope my Reds can give me a good season.

Colts, you'll get your shot again next year. Just remember, Colts management, that you threw away all those streaks earlier this season in hopes of winning it all. And Bengals, you better be practicing for next season, too! I want another division title!

Sorry if this post rambled a little, I'm just pretty miffed about this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment