Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Concert news - 1/27/10

So I found out recently that the big four of thrash metal are going to tour together. This is huge news for any metalheads out there. The big four - Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer! All on the same stage! Here's the kicker, though. Right now, they're only scheduled to tour Europe. I don't get it, guys. You're all American bands, get over here and do that tour! Metallica did a similar thing last year. The big summer, outdoor portion of their Death Magnetic tour was Europe-only, and we in the States only got a short arena tour in the fall. I guess we can only hope that the tour will be such a success that they'll bring it home for the summer. I've seen Metallica and Megadeth once each before, but I'd love to see them again, and I've never gotten to see Anthrax or Slayer. And to see them all on one night would be amazing!

According to an e-mail I got from Live Nation today, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, and Flyleaf will be in Evansville, IN on Friday. I'm a big fan of all of those bands, I've seen each of them a couple of times, and I'd love to get to see them again. Too bad I'm dead poor right now and can't go. Plus, Evansville's a good three or four hour drive from me. Not like I haven't driven further than that for a concert before, but now is just not a good time. If anyone out there gets to see that show, let me know how it goes.

Flaw will be coming to Dayton in March. Apparently they've got a new album in the works. My brother Sawdust is a huge Flaw fan, so he's going nuts for this. I hope we can make it to the show. Everybody should get to see their favorite band at least once.

Lastly, Swedish power metal giants Hammerfall will be coming back to the US for the first time in a number of years this spring. As usual with any big European band, they won't be coming anywhere close to me, so if I want to see them I'll have to make the trip up to Cleveland. I've done it a few times before, and usually enjoy the trip, so I'm actually looking forward to it. It's an expensive trip, though, between gas, food, and hotel costs, not to mention the actual concert ticket. And it's tough not to buy a shirt when you get to see one of those bands. My buddy Shin DT, who I go to virtually every concert with, has already bought us tickets for the show. I just hope I can afford to actually go when the time comes.

That's all I have for now. If any of you out there know of any cool concerts coming up in the Cincinnati area, or within a day's drive or so, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment