Thursday, April 15, 2010

Some recent deaths

Last week former WCW/WWE wrestler Chris Kanyon was found dead of an apparent suicide. I'm sorry I didn't post about it sooner. I liked Kanyon back in his WCW days, but never saw him in WWE. I particularly remember the old catchphrase he used to use, "Who's better than Kanyon?", to which the crowd would always shout back, "Everybody!" He made a good cocky heel. I was sad to hear his life ended the way it did. Add him to the unfortunately long list of wrestlers who died before their time.

Here's another shocker I actually just found out about, apparently some time last night Peter Steele, singer and bass player for Type O Negative, died from heart failure. I've always liked Type O, and I never got to see them live, so I'm pretty disappointed to hear this.

Both of these guys died in their 40s, way too young. Prayers go out to their families. Sometime today, be sure to listen to some Type O and maybe see if you can find a Kanyon match on Youtube. Rest in peace, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment